3 stages to help your weight loss journey
Weight Loss journey is not an easy at all. Sometime it might be too complicated than you think.
Below I will try to explain as easy as possible in 3 different points where to start from.
- Energy Balance – the easiest way to understand this is to use the picture below:
When it comes to weight loss, you should consume less calories than you burn. The first thing to implement in your life would be to start exercising and be more active than usual.
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Walk to work instead of getting a taxi or bus
- Change your eating habits
- Hire a professional to help you with your journey
- Macros: Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat. Key indicator for weight loss is Protein. The more protein you add to your diet, the more you will reduce hunger and boost your metabolism. There is no evidence that eating a lot of protein will cause kidney failure, so get the protein high in your diet and change your body.
But I’m not telling you to stop eating carbs and fat. I’m telling you focus to increase the protein with each meal. The ideal amount of protein a day would be 2g per 1kg body weight. For example, if you are 55kg, your daily protein intake should be 110g/day or even more.
You can see below which food in high in protein and try to implement more into daily diet.
When I have to prepare a meal plan for any of my clients, I always make sure to add enough protein with each meal. For example, a meal for lunch would look like this:
- 100g Chicken breast or Cod Fillet or Lean Beef – 31g Protein
- 150g Baby Potatoes/ or Sweet Potatoes/ or Rice – 36g Carbs
- 50g Spinach – 0.8g Carbs, 0.4g Fat, 1.4g Protein
The whole meal would be:
334kcal, 36g Carbs, 4g Fat and 34g Protein
Read the labels and check out the protein content.
And if you are still struggling to put your mind together and you want to learn more about nutrition and training, why don’t you just email me.
- Activity Level – As I mentioned above, you need to be more active and burn more than you consume.
- Start tracking your steps and set yourself a target like 11k step a day
- Walk every day for at least 30 min
- Do a workout at home if you are not a gym person
- If you are a gym member, focus more on weight training where your body will expand more energy and burn more fat than cardio itself
I’m giving away my Home HIIT Workout here, have fun at home. You can screenshot and save it.
Start today and let me know how are getting on. Just drop me an email or message on:
– FaceBook page Fitness Reload by Selver
– Instagram: @fitnessreload
I will be more than happy to help you.