Cellulite is that layer of fat that is located under skin. 90% of women have it and I’m one of them, but that doesn’t bother me.
Few of the reasons that cellulite becomes more visible are:
- Hormonal changes – lower estrogen level, which may cause changes in body circulation.
- Women have a higher risk of developing cellulite, as there is a significant difference in the way their connective tissue and fat cells are arranged compared to men. Fat cells in women tend to be arranged vertically under the skin.
- Under eat – Bad Nutrition cause cellulite. When your macro and micronutrients are not enough, you are most likely to have cellulite. For example if your diet is high on carbs or high on fat and low on protein, you will see the changes in your skin.
- Cardio – probably you’ve heard of ‘Skinny-Fat’ before. These are people usually spend long hours doing cardio to lose weight, but actually they lose muscle tissue and still keep a good amount of fat in their body.
The heavier you lift, the more your muscles will grow, and the more fat you will burn. Bigger the muscle, less cellulite.
Few solutions to help you reduce cellulite:
- Vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin found in citrus fruits, broccoli, strawberries and spinach, protects your body from free radicals and reactive oxygen species produced during metabolism. Vitamin C is also related to your ability to burn fat. Eating foods rich in calcium, zinc, potassium and selenium may also help your body burn fat more efficiently.
- Exercise is a powerful way of preventing the development of cellulite and toning the muscles beneath fat deposits, which may reduce the orange-peel appearance of the skin. By tightening your thighs and glutes, you may help get rid of cellulite prone areas.
- Diet and water – diet is the key. Start tracking your macronutrients and where you are staying with your carbs, fat and protein. Is your water intake enough? Are you drinking at least 2.5-3l a day? If not try to get there.
If you see people on social media without cellulite, 99% the picture was photo shopped.
Drop me a message if you need help, I will be only happy to help.